We would like to actively encourage submissions from a diverse range of applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status or disability status.
To submit your application please see the ‘How to Apply’ section below.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter to Resourcing@mentalhealthatwork.com, by the end of the day on Friday October 28th 2022.
If you are successful, you will be invited to first stage interview. We would encourage you to visit our website, our LinkedIn page and our socials for some helpful information that you may want to lean upon.
About Mental Health at Work
Mental Health at Work is a Community Interest Company (CIC) with a mission to improve working lives by influencing attitudes and behaviours towards mental health within the workplace. We are a subsidiary of the Mental Health Foundation. We deliver focused and customised learning and development solutions for organisations to facilitate open and natural conversations around mental health within workplaces. In the last 12 months alone, we have reached over 6,500 people within over 65 organisations, across a range of industries in the UK and internationally.
We are now looking to recruit a Client Manager (CM) to join our team and help us to manage our growing business. This is an exciting opportunity in an expanding social enterprise which will have a significant impact on attitudes and behaviour around mental health in organisations across all industry sectors.
As CM you will be delivering against our strategy by collaboratively managing our relationship with existing established clients to ensure an ongoing programme of activity. Clients may be interested in a range of services which will include bespoke mental health programmes led by facilitated training, advisory and other support services. The CM would not only be the voice of the customer through gaining an in depth understanding of their ongoing needs but will also be a key link to maintain the relationship with the wider Mental Health at Work Team. The CM will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategy to create loyal client retention relationships and have in depth knowledge of our evolving content to upsell and continually increase a clients lifetime value.
To be successful in the role you will need to have all the qualities of an effective relationship focussed salesperson as well as understanding and aligning to our values here at Mental Health at Work. Your passion, self-motivation and ability to work collaboratively and inclusively with our teams and partners, will drive success in this role.
We are looking for someone who has a shared passion for the Mental Health at Work mission. Someone who is motivated by the desire to achieve tangible success and openness to connect with clients in innovative ways. A credible, professional and personable individual, you will build and maintain relationships with senior individuals within a variety of businesses including large, blue-chip organisations.
- Nurture the client partnership to ensure longevity within the business, including working across the team to bring customised and targeted solutions.
- Keep abreast of ongoing evolution of Mental Health at Work programmes and manage ongoing conversations with clients to introduce relevant content where and when appropriate.
- Help to develop a strategy for client management evolution as our business grows.
- Work closely with the Business Development, Evolution and Operations teams, to ensure smooth and appropriate handovers into client management and leverage learning across the business
- Keep client management sales and contact data up to date and work to meet targets for annual income from client managed clients
- Effectively and efficiently manage time to ensure that all opportunities are maximised.
- Collaborate and form good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Help shape the future of the business by engaging in meetings and suggesting process and product enhancements/improvements.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Has a shared passion for the Mental Health at Work mission to improve working lives by influencing attitudes and behaviours towards mental health in workplaces.
- A strong interest in bringing effective and lasting change in the way mental health is managed within organisations
- The ideal candidate will have a significant direct experience of business development/client relationships in a B2B context, ideally in a corporate environment
- A creative and innovative thinker with an authentic approach
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality and rigour in a fast paced constantly changing growth environment
- Comfortable discussing and selling face to face or remotely via phone, email and Teams
- Strong commercial and analytical acumen when identifying, developing and following through on business opportunities
- Demeanour which projects knowledge and professionalism whilst also being a natural relationship builder
- The right candidate will be eloquent, confident and a patient and active listener.
- Experience in developing bespoke and compelling proposals for prospects and clients, which will drive business.
- Competence in using PowerPoint, Word and Excel for business purposes.
- Ability to maintain client information on Salesforce.com and operate with rigour in line with internal processes including sales tracking processes.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, tenacious, with an ability to manage competing priorities and workload to timeframes required
Life at Mental Health at Work
This role is currently home based, with some travel to meet clients, mainly, but not exclusively around the London area. You should be based within commutable distance to London and willing to travel to a central London office location as required. We will be happy to consider applicants looking for part-time opportunities and/or flexible working arrangements.
- Salary £33K (FTE) for a 37.5 hour week
- This role is for a minimum 30-hours per week with flexibility over days and working hours
- This role is eligible for commission on sales in which the individual has a substantive impact on securing
- Employees have 25 days holiday (Pro-rated FTE), which they are encouraged to take, plus bank holidays and office closure during Christmas and New Year
- Contributory pension scheme: Employer’s contributions 3% (employee contributions 5%), with Aviva
- Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured for the employee and immediate family
- We have a flexible approach to set working hours and appointments in the day etc.