Our Approach to Mental Health Awareness Training
After an initial comprehensive assessment, the Mental Health at Work team will address your organisation’s specific learning outcome needs, to effectively deliver mental health awareness training for the workplace.
Working with you, we’ll develop a customised mental health awareness training workshop, built around our framework of Understand, Manage, Prevent, to drive lasting positive change for your business.
We ensure that each mental health awareness training workshop brings optimal benefit, by designing content around the specific employee audience from senior leaders through to HR, line managers and the general employee population.
What a mental health awareness training workshop might look like
Below is an illustrative example of how this could work:
For Senior Execs and Directors
- Ambassadors and senior sponsors of the agenda
- Ongoing support through key communications
- Shaping policy and procedures in support of the strategy
- Reviewing evaluations and themes for ongoing evolution within the business
For Line Managers and Supervisors (& HR)
- Knowledge of Duty of Care
- Noticing changes in employees and acting
- Effective questioning and listening skills
- Compassionate leadership skills
- Knowledge and understanding of signposts, both internal and external
For A Cross Section Of Employees
MHaW Allies® Roll Out
- Expert listeners and sign posters for anyone in the organisation who needs to talk about mental health
- Activism and advocacy for mental health throughout the organisation
- Supporting and driving initiatives to embed
For All Employees
Understanding Mental Health
- Understand language and literacy around mental health
- Noticing changes in self and colleagues
- Confidence to start a conversation and know where to signpost including MHaW Allies® & EAP
Using our ‘tried and tested’ framework, we have delivered hundreds of mental health workplace training workshops; benefitting businesses and employees just like yours.
By implementing mental health awareness training in the workplace you can expect positive outcomes for your specific needs, and be confident you will see behavioural changes in your teams surrounding mental health in the workplace. This is because this framework distinguishes individual mental health and workplace responsibility. It creates a shared understanding around noticing and acting by improving awareness and provides the knowledge to identify the difference between health issues and mental illness.
Your Line Managers will gain skills that can be applied across the workplace to normalise conversations around mental health awareness, improving leadership and employee satisfaction. They will become effective leaders because they will be clear about their role, and how to support their colleagues, especially regarding mental health at work.
Using this framework we help you to:
If our Programme Approach to mental health could be beneficial to your workplace, contact us for an informal discovery call.