Business Development Manager
Mental Health at Work is a Community Interest Company (CIC) with a mission to remove the stigma around mental health within the workplace. We deliver focused and customized learning and development solutions for organisations to help them to normalize conversations around mental health within workplaces. In the last 12 months alone, we have reached almost 4,000 people within over 50 organisations, across a range of industries. We are a subsidiary of the Mental Health Foundation.
We are now looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join our team and help us further grow our business. This is an exciting opportunity in an expanding social enterprise which will have a significant impact on attitudes and behaviour around mental health in organisations across all industry sectors.
As BDM you will join our existing Business Development team with responsibility for delivering against our strategy by targeting and approaching new and existing prospects in the corporate workspace and converting them to clients of Mental Health at Work. Clients may be interested in a range of services which will include bespoke mental health programmes led by facilitated training, advisory and other support services.
To be successful in the role you will need to have all the qualities of an effective salesperson – persistence, persuasiveness, resilience, self-motivation and desire for tangible success as well as possessing the gravitas, professionalism and polish to instantly gain credibility with senior individuals within large, blue-chip organisations.
You will need to align to our mission and be authentic in your approach.
This role is currently home based, with some travel to meet clients, mainly, but not exclusively around the London area. You should be based within commutable distance to London and willing to travel to a central London office location as required. We will be happy to consider applicants looking for part-time opportunities and/or flexible working arrangements.
Experience & Skills Required
- Direct experience of business development/sales in a B2B context, ideally in a corporate environment
- Comfortable selling face to face or remotely via phone and email
- Strong commercial acumen when identifying and exploiting business opportunities
- Demeanour which projects authority and professionalism. The right candidate will be eloquent, confident and business-like
- Experience in developing bespoke and compelling proposals for prospects and clients, which will drive business
- Competence in using PowerPoint, Word and Excel for business purposes
- Ability to maintain prospect and client information on Salesforce.com
- Self-motivated, tenacious, ability to work manage competing priorities and work to timeframes required
- Ability to maintain focus on driving the business forward to deliver a mission to remove the stigma around mental health in workplaces
- A strong interest in bringing effective and lasting change in the way mental health is managed within organisations
- Ability to develop and grow a pipeline of relevant contacts across all industries
- Willingness to ‘hunt’ by making cold calls to a targeted prospect list
- Ability to grow and ‘farm’ a portfolio of existing clients
- Nurture new business to ensure that the client becomes a lasting partner within the business
- Commitment to working as part of a small committed team, within a social enterprise
- Effectively and efficiently manage time to ensure that all opportunities are maximized
- Ability to collaborate and form good working relationships both internally and externally
- Attention to detail in a fast paced constantly changing growth environment
- Help shape the future of the business by engaging in meetings and suggesting process and product enhancements/improvements
You’ll ultimately be supporting our mission to have a positive impact on working lives by influencing attitudes and behaviours towards mental health.
Life at Mental Health at Work
- Salary £30k (FTE Equivalent), plus sales bonus (OTE £60k for FTE)
- This role is for a minimum 22.5 hour week with flexibility over days and working hours
- The role will be home based, but you will be required to travel to our London office and other locations for team meetings and development days as required
- Employees have 25 days holiday (Pro-rated FTE), which they are encouraged to take, plus bank holidays and office closure during Christmas and New Year
- Contributory pension scheme : Employers contributions 3% (employee contributions 5%), with Aviva
- Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured for the employee and immediate family
- We have a flexible approach to set working hours and appointments in the day etc
To find out more please email a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13th March 2020.