Mental Health at Work is a Community Interest Company (CIC) with a mission to improve working lives by influencing attitudes and behaviours towards mental health within the workplace. We are a subsidiary of the Mental Health Foundation. We deliver focused and customised learning and development solutions for organisations to help them to normalise conversations around mental health within workplaces. In the last 12 months alone, we have reached almost 6,000 people within 58 organisations, across a range of industries.
We are now looking to recruit a Business Development Manager, reporting into the Head of Business Development, to help us further grow our business alongside an established Business Development Team. This is an exciting opportunity, in an expanding social enterprise, which will have a significant impact on attitudes and behaviour around mental health in organisations across all industry sectors.
As BDM you will be delivering against our strategy by targeting and approaching new and existing prospects in the corporate workspace and converting them to clients of Mental Health at Work. Clients may be interested in a range of services which will include bespoke mental health programmes led by facilitated training, advisory and other support services.
To be successful in the role you will need to have all the qualities of an effective salesperson as well has incorporating our values here at Mental Health at Work. Your passion, self-motivation and ability to work collaboratively and inclusively with our teams and partners, will drive success in this role.
In addition to this we are looking for the desire for tangible success and openness to connect with clients in innovative ways, to continually drive our mission. You will be able to connect with people in a personable and professional manner, to gain credibility with senior individuals within a variety of organisations including large, blue-chip organisations.
- You will need to align to our mission and values whilst being authentic in your approach
- Ability to develop and grow a pipeline of relevant contacts across all industries
- Willingness to ‘hunt’ by making cold calls to a targeted prospect list
- Ability to grow and ‘farm’ a portfolio of existing clients
- Nurture new business to ensure that the client becomes a lasting partner within the business
- Commitment to working as part of a small, committed team, within a social enterprise
- Effectively and efficiently manage time to ensure that all opportunities are maximised
- Ability to collaborate and form good working relationships both internally and externally
- Attention to detail in a fast paced constantly changing growth environment
- Help shape the future of the business by engaging in meetings and suggesting process and product enhancements/improvements
- You will ultimately be supporting our mission to have a positive impact on working lives by influencing attitudes and behaviours towards mental health
Experience and Skills Required:
- Direct experience of business development / sales in a B2B context, ideally in a corporate environment
- Comfortable selling face to face or remotely via phone, email and Teams
- Strong commercial acumen when identifying, developing and following through on business opportunities
- Demeanour which projects knowledge and professionalism. The right candidate will be eloquent and confident
- Experience in developing bespoke and compelling proposals for prospects and clients, which will drive business
- Competence in using PowerPoint, Word and Excel for business purposes.
- Ability to maintain prospect and client information on Salesforce.com and operate with rigour in line with internal processes
- Self-motivated, tenacious, ability to work manage competing priorities and work to timeframes required
- Ability to maintain focus on driving business forward to deliver a mission to improve working lives by influencing attitudes and behaviours towards mental health in workplaces
- A strong interest in bringing effective and lasting change in the way mental health is managed within organisations
Life at Mental Health at Work
This role is currently home based, with some travel to meet clients, mainly, but not exclusively around the London area. You should be based within commutable distance to London and willing to travel to a central London office location as required. We will be happy to consider applicants looking for part-time opportunities and/or flexible working arrangements.
- Salary £30k (FTE Equivalent), plus sales commission (OTE £60k for FTE)
- This role is for a minimum 22.5-hour week with flexibility over days and working hours
- The role will be home based, but you will be required to travel to our London office and other locations for team meetings and development days as required
- Employees have 25 days holiday (Pro-rated FTE), which they are encouraged to take, plus bank holidays and office closure during Christmas and New Year
- Contributory pension scheme: Employer’s contributions 3% (employee contributions 5%), with Aviva
- Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured for the employee and immediate family
- We have a flexible approach to set working hours and appointments in the day etc.
To submit your application please email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 5th February 2021.