Mental Health at Work is a Community Interest Company (CIC) with a mission to impact working lives by changing attitudes and behaviour around mental health. We deliver focused and customized learning and development solutions for organisations to help them to normalize conversations around mental health within workplaces. In the last 12 months alone, we have reached almost 6,000 people within over 50 organisations, across a range of industries. We are a subsidiary of the Mental Health Foundation.
As a result of our expansion we are looking for a Programme Manager to help us plan and implement the delivery of upcoming large virtual programmes across multiple markets. This is an exciting opportunity in an expanding social enterprise which will have a significant impact on attitudes and behaviour around mental health in organisations across all industry sectors in the UK and beyond.
We’re looking for someone to provide operational, programme management support for key clients running large scale and complex mental health workshops across multiple markets and includes a number of high profile blue chip names.
The role will requires effective planning, co-ordination and operational management of each programme. This will include workshop scheduling, facilitator allocation and logistical planning including management of the virtual sessions, client liaison and collation of feedback .
The role also requires effective management of inter-dependencies including resource allocation and oversight of any risks and issues arising and the contingency planning around this. It also includes the identification and co-ordination of any new capability or resource for the business to enable effective completion of each programme and build improvements in efficiency over time.
This role provides an overview for the business of each programme liaising between Business Development, Facilitation and the client, providing timely and efficient communication and seamless implementation. The key purpose of this role is communication and the ability to operate within the parameters of the programme.
We’re looking for someone who is organised, efficient and self-directed and can build relationships across the business and communicate professionally with clients to ensure that we are providing a great service throughout. This includes dovetailing your experience of managing programmes with our existing systems and process.
You will enjoy being in a client facing role, but understand the responsibilities across the team to deliver a complex programme to a client.
You will need to align with our mission and be authentic in your approach.
This role is currently home based. You should be based within commutable distance to London and willing to travel to a central London office location as required. We will be happy to consider applicants looking for part-time opportunities and/or flexible working arrangements.
Experience and Skills Required:
- You will have experience within a client or programme management role
- You’ll be familiar with the importance of planning, process and communication within a programme by co-ordinating a team of experienced people
- You’ll be able to build on established systems to implement the programmes to respond to growing needs
- You will also have experience of programme management tools and software.
- Competence in using PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Google slides for business purposes
- You must be a relationship building between the client and the team, getting to know people, their experience, and the linkages to Business Development and Facilitation.
- You will also need to feel comfortable and have experience of communicating with clients, including the appropriate style and language.
- You’ll be flexible, patient, creative and enjoy bringing new process to help organize our growing client base.
- Self-motivated, tenacious, ability to work manage competing priorities and work to timeframes required
- Ability to maintain the focus on driving the programme forward to deliver a mission to remove the stigma around mental health in workplaces
- A strong interest in enabling effective and lasting change in the way mental health is managed within an organization through a programme, reflected through an awareness of differing needs around team culture and identity.
- Programme management for our selected major client programmes across multiple markets
- Working with our Operations Co-ordinator to enable allocation and communication of facilitation teams;
- Liaison between Facilitators and Business Development to ensure programme and client briefing documents are prepared, communicated and stored;
- Liaison between client and facilitators providing support around workshop logistics including guide on workshop invites;
- Co-ordinate project kick off and ongoing communications across the facilitation project team
- Ensure documentation is filed centrally and accessible to all
- Develop and maintain a risk register for each programme with timely and relevant response
- Support Facilitation team to produce and file Scoping Reports
- Be part of the evaluation team for client programmes including ensuring post workshops reports are completed and filed and support as required with more complex evaluation.
- Assist the BDM team with preparation of client highlight reports and quarterly programme reviews
- Creating and maintaining internal communication around the project
You’ll ultimately be supporting our mission to have a positive impact on working lives by influencing attitudes and behaviours towards mental health.
Life at Mental Health at Work
- Salary £25k (FTE Equivalent)
- This is a fixed term contract for 6 months
- This role is for a minimum 15 hour week with flexibility over days and working hours
- The role will be home based, but you will be required to travel to our London office and other locations for team meetings and development days as required
- Employees have 25 days holiday (Pro-rated FTE), which they are encouraged to take, plus bank holidays and office closure during Christmas and New Year
- Contributory pension scheme : Employers contributions 3% (employee contributions 5%), with Aviva
- Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured for the employee and immediate family
- We have a flexible approach to set working hours and appointments in the day etc
To find out more please email a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com by Friday 27th November 2020.