We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status or disability status.
To submit your application please see the ‘How to Apply’ section below.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter using the application form link. As part of the application you will be asked to also submit the following task by the end of the day on Friday 3rd December 2021
The Head of Evolution has developed a programme for Mental Health at Work and its content for a new global client. It’s been designed to help support their employees with their understanding of mental health in the workplace.
- Please prepare a one-page report outlining your approach to manage the quality assurance of this programme, whilst considering the needs of both internal and external stakeholders. We would encourage to visit our website, our LinkedIn page and our socials for some helpful information that you may want to lean upon.
About Mental Health at Work
Mental Health at Work is a Community Interest Company (CIC) with a mission to improve working lives by influencing attitudes and behaviours towards mental health within the workplace. We are a subsidiary of the Mental Health Foundation. We deliver focused and customised learning and development solutions for organisations to facilitate open and natural conversations around mental health within workplaces. In the last 12 months alone, we have reached over 6,500 people within over 65 organisations, across a range of industries in the UK and internationally.
We are now looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Manager in our programme development team, reporting into the Head of Operational Excellence, to help us further grow our business. This is an exciting opportunity, in an expanding social enterprise, which will have a significant impact on attitudes and behaviour around mental health in organisations across all industry sectors.
The QAM will be responsible for the quality assurance of the content of our customised mental health workplace programmes whilst also supporting with the facilitation of the programmes. You will work with the Head of Operational Excellence, Head of Evolution and the Senior Facilitator and Associate Mentor on the quality control of the delivery of our programmes and the impact of our work.
To be successful in the role you will need to have all the qualities of Quality Assurance lead as well as incorporating our values here at Mental Health at Work. Your passion, self-motivation and ability to work collaboratively and inclusively with our internal teams and client partners, will drive success in this role.
You will also need previous experience working in a Learning and Development Role in either a corporate environment or within a training company and have the professional demeanour and confidence to facilitate workshops across organisations, including senior leaders.
- You will need to align to our mission and values whilst being authentic in your approach
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality and rigour in a fast paced constantly changing growth environment
- Manage the quality assurance of our content, from product evolution and launch to delivery of client programmes
- Facilitate workshops from internal launch to client delivery
- Support the build and maintenance of quality assurance policies and procedures across the facilitation team
- Plan and develop the process for testing and appraisal of workshop material
- Maintain an internal audit system
- Establish the critical success factors for the success of a client project
- Work with the Programme Manager (Learning and Quality Assurance) to ensure evaluation supports the programme outcomes
- Ensure that we maintain consistency of our content through messages, language and facilitation from evolution through to programme build and delivery.
- Support programme scoping for development of session plans and client delivery
- Translate evolved content into a format suitable for client proposals and session plans
- Work with our Client Success Manager to support embedding of new content devised by Head of Evolution
- Work with our Marketing Manager to ensure our brand and tone of voice is represented across facilitation materials
- Manage the set of procedures that review the quality of our programmes
- Link client needs from scoping and MHaW content to prepare bespoke workshops for clients and prepare reports back to the Business Development Team.
- Create learning pathways for Facilitation team based on their needs
- Support the Facilitation Team with assessment and sign off, of new Associates
- Maintain the library of workshop session plans
- Maintain our content library for facilitation
- You will ultimately be supporting our mission to have a positive impact on working lives by influencing attitudes and behaviours towards mental health
Experience and Skills Required:
- Expertise and experience of learning and development methodologies
- Knowledge of the tools, concepts, and methodologies of Quality Assurance
- Previous experience in developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- Competence in using PowerPoint, Word and Excel for business purposes.
- Self-motivated, tenacious, ability to work manage competing priorities and work to timeframes required, whilst maintaining an eye for the detail
- Ability to influence decision making with the use of relevant data
- Ability to maintain focus on driving business forward to deliver a mission to improve working lives by influencing attitudes and behaviours towards mental health in workplaces
- A strong interest in bringing effective and lasting change in the way mental health is managed within organisations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent proven experience preferred
Life at Mental Health at Work
This role is currently home based, with some travel to meet clients, mainly, but not exclusively around the London area. You should be based within commutable distance to London and willing to travel to a central London office location as required. We will be happy to consider applicants looking for part-time opportunities and/or flexible working arrangements.
- Salary £35K (FTE) for a 37.5 hour week
- This role is for a minimum 30-hour week with flexibility over days and working hours
- The role will be home based, but you will be required to travel to our London office and other locations for team meetings and development days as required
- Employees have 25 days holiday (Pro-rated FTE), which they are encouraged to take, plus bank holidays and office closure during Christmas and New Year
- Contributory pension scheme: Employer’s contributions 3% (employee contributions 5%), with Aviva
- Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured for the employee and immediate family
- We have a flexible approach to set working hours and appointments in the day etc.
Our Values and commitments
- Collaboration We are a united team, aligned with the vision and mission of the organisation and all moving in the same direction
- Inclusion We bring our whole selves to work and are inclusive and open around all aspects of diversity, valuing the benefits this brings to our team
- Rigour We strive for rigour and excellence in all that we do; within our team, with customers with clients and with partners
- Passion We are passionate and motivated by our purpose and our impact in changing people’s lives through the influence we have on attitudes and behaviour towards workplace mental health
- Innovation We are agile and innovative both within our individual roles, as a team and for our customers, responding quickly and pragmatically, identifying and developing solutions
What to expect next:
Successful candidates will be invited to the interview stages of the recruitment process which will consist of 2 stages. Both interviews will be competency based using our values as a structure in addition to questions to understand you, your experience and your skills better. We would also encourage candidates to come prepared to ask us questions, they are curious about, as it will be very much a two-way conversation!