We would like to actively encourage applications from a diverse range of applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status or disability status.
To submit your application please see the ‘How to Apply’ section below.
Administration Assistant – Operations – 12 months Fixed Term Contract
How to apply:
If you are successful, you will be invited to complete a short task prior to attending a competency based interview via Teams.
We would encourage you to visit our website, our LinkedIn page and our socials for some helpful information and to learn more about us.
About Mental Health at Work
Mental Health at Work is a Community Interest Company (CIC) with a mission to improve working lives by influencing attitudes and behaviours towards mental health within the workplace.
We are a subsidiary of the Mental Health Foundation. We deliver focused and customised learning and development solutions for organisations to help them to normalise conversations around mental health within workplaces. In the last 12 months alone, we have reached almost 8,500 people within 73 organisations, across a range of industries.
We are looking to recruit an Operations Administration Assistant on a fixed term basis for 12 months, reporting into the Operations Manager. This is an exciting opportunity, in an expanding social enterprise, which will have a significant impact on attitudes and behaviour around mental health in organisations across all industry sectors.
The Role Responsibilities:
- Implement client and internal sessions, supporting facilitators/Associates with the smooth running of sessions.
- Act as the main point of contact and interface between clients, facilitators/Associates and the MHaW team
- Schedule and manage programmes across the whole learning cycle within the relevant global time zones
- Schedule and co coordinate all programme activities to ensure logistics and resources are in place
- Maintain and update all relevant stakeholders, systems, spreadsheets and calendars
- Ensure any changes are updated in a timely manner, and communications are managed carefully
- Answer ad hoc queries relating to the programmes.
- Produce timely reports including attendance and poll results as well as a weekly operational report.
- Evaluate current systems and process flows to identify and implement streamlining and efficiency of activities
- Provide general support to the team as and when required
- Proactively work with all clients to anticipate and manage issues as they arise
- Keep the client and team members up to date via a variety of communication channels
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with all members of the Operational Team
- Attend relevant meetings which will include both client and internal meetings
- Conduct MS Teams/Zoom familiarisation sessions with Facilitators/Associates to support session delivery to ensure up to date with any feature changes.
- Manage and maintain MS Teams folders to ensure accessibility of client materials for client sessions, to comply with GDPR requirements, recordings and other files held as required.
- Manage Associate invoicing and expenses (receive/chase invoices, reconcile, record and send to Commercial Director).
Experience and Skills Required:
- Ability to plan and manage own time and work independently, with outstanding organisational skills.
- IT literate and confident with Microsoft Office particularly Teams, Excel, Adobe Pro and PowerPoint, as well as the technical ability and confidence to learn how to use the specific systems and apps we use in our work such as Zoom, Vimeo and Slido.
- Technical competence and confidence to analyse data sets
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills – to effectively engage and deepen client and team relationships, able to quickly build rapport and collaborate with clients and colleagues to ensure all deadlines are met
- Previous experience in relevant administrative work.
- Awareness of the importance of client and participant confidentiality as well as diplomacy
- Excellent collaboration and team working skills to ensure that, as a team, we deliver seamless programmes and first-class service
- Proactive, flexible approach to all activities, willing to offer creative solutions to problems
- Flexible approach to working hours due to different time zones – we are super-flexible with how our people work, and occasionally need flexibility back in return!
- Ability to travel to London occasionally for a day and/or as required
- Happy to work from home – lone working isn’t for everyone!
- Event organisation experience
Life at Mental Health at Work
This role is home based. You should be based within commutable distance to London and willing to travel to a central London office location as required.
- Salary £29,500 (FTE Equivalent for 37.5hrs)
- We will be happy to consider applicants looking for part-time opportunities and/or flexible working arrangements. Please note that for this role to be successful, it is for a minimum 25 hour week, worked over 5 days.
- The role will be home based, but you will be required to travel to our London office and other locations for team meetings and development days as required
- Employees have 25 days holiday (Pro-rated FTE), which they are encouraged to take, plus bank holidays and additional office closure during Christmas and New Year – an extra 8 days paid leave.
- Contributory pension scheme: Employer’s contributions 3% (employee contributions 5%), with Aviva
- Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured for the employee and immediate family
- On occasions you will be required to work outside your normal hours, depending on the demands of the client
Our Values and commitments
We Facilitate Change
- We drive impact around the mental health agenda in workplaces through conversations and communications at individual, team and organisation levels.
- We are a continuous learning organisation, taking responsibility for our thought leadership around all aspects of workplace mental health
We Work as a Team
- We work in partnership, bringing flexibility, integrity and rigour for client satisfaction.
- We value differences across our team, recognising that we are stronger together.
We are Determined
- We support, encourage and empower our team to do their best work.
- We are passionate about the work we do but make a commitment to nurturing and protecting our mental health and supporting our colleagues to do the same.
What to expect next:
Successful candidates will be invited to the interview stage of the recruitment process which will consist of two stages. The interview will be competency based using our values as a structure in addition to questions to understand you, your experience and your skills better. You will also be asked to complete other exercises. We would also encourage candidates to come prepared to ask us questions they are curious about, as it will be very much a two-way conversation.